In the industrial world, the flow and control of liquids and gases are fundamental elements to guarantee the efficiency, safety and productivity of processes. To achieve this, it is vital to have efficient and quality valve systems. In this sense, knife gate valves have become a reliable solution due to their robust design and ability to handle abrasive and high-viscosity fluids.
In this article, we explore the solutions that knife gate valves offer in the industrial field. We will discover how they optimize the flow and control of liquids and gases, their most common applications and the benefits they provide to industries.
What are knife gate valves?
Guillotine valves are devices mainly used to interrupt the flow of liquid fluids with solids in suspension (10%), and in some cases also used for flow regulation. Its design is characterized by having a chopping block or blade that slides vertically inside a casing called the body. When the gate is in its lowest position (closed), it allows the complete cut-off of the fluid inside the pipe and guarantees 100% tightness.
These valves are especially efficient in applications where it is necessary to close the passage of the fluid in highly corrosive, abrasive or viscous cases, such as sludge, paper pulp and chemical fluids, among others. Their robust construction and quality corrosion-resistant materials make them an ideal option for demanding industrial environments.
Applications of Vaycom Engineering Knife Gate Valves
Knife gate valves are used in a wide range of industries, including:
- Chemical industry: These valves are used to cut off the flow within conduits or pipes, offering closure without leaks that could be dangerous or cause damage to the environment.
- Sewage treatment: In wastewater treatment plants, knife gate valves are essential to regulate the flow of sludge and other sediments, facilitating their transport and handling.
- Mining and metallurgy: In mining and metallurgical applications, these valves allow control of the flow of minerals, concentrates and abrasive sludge, supporting the most rigorous conditions of extraction and refining processes.
- Paper industry: In the manufacture of paper and wood pulp, knife gate valves are used to control the flow of pulps and pulps, ensuring a continuous and efficient process.
Benefits of knife gate valves
Knife gate valves offer a number of benefits that make them highly preferred in many industrial applications:
- Resistance and durability: Their robust design and construction allow them to resist wear caused by corrosive and abrasive fluids, ensuring a long useful life and minimizing maintenance costs.
- Hermetic seal: Thanks to their gate or blade, guillotine valves provide a 100% tight seal, preventing leaks and ensuring precise control of the flow of media.
- Ease of maintenance: These valves are easy to maintain and repair due to their simple and accessible design. This reduces downtime and costs associated with maintenance.
- Precise flow control: Valves allow precise and rapid control of the flow of liquids and gases, which is crucial in applications where an immediate response is required.
VAYCOM knife gate valves are highly efficient and reliable solutions to optimize flow and control in industrial processes. Their ability to handle corrosive, abrasive and high-viscosity fluids makes them an ideal option for various industries such as water treatment plants, pumping plants, the mining industry, the paper industry, the cement industry, and the chemical industry…
By choosing knife gate valves, companies can benefit from their quality, durability, tightness and ease of maintenance. These advantages translate into more efficient processes, greater safety and an improvement in the general productivity of the industrial plant.
In summary, knife gate valves represent a reliable and efficient solution for flow control in the most challenging industrial environments, allowing companies to achieve high standards of quality and performance in their operations.
If you would like more information about our products, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.